Tuesday, September 26, 2006

NASCAR 350 Truck race at LVMS. I was totally bored! Not anywhere near as exciting as Bush or Nextel but then I'm not into trucks. Attendance was 1/3 of the car races. Vendors, mayby a dozen. Seats were 1st come 1st served. We were on the aisle just over the start/finish line. If anyone saw the race we were seated where the drivers are introduced and come down from the stands to the track. For me seeing the new track was the best part. I could imagine the cars on it. They can easily go 3 abreast which could be interesting. The field of trucks was so spread out that I saw no close maneuvering. They said the old track produced boring races and I sure hope car races are better than the truck race was. There is still a lot of infield work that needs to be completed before March.

Friday Jim and I drove out to Lake Las Vegas. I had not been there yet and Jim didn't know it existed. It is scenic but it was empty. Don't know how the stores that are there exist.

On Sunday we went to Bonnie Springs Ranch. That was fun but I was offended by the adult inuendos in their performances. If I had children with me I would have left. I was shocked to see that it cost 45.00 for a 1 hour trail ride?

After Bonnie Springs we went to Red Rock Station T-Bones for dinner. What a beautiful room! The food was great (had Chateaubriand) the pianist was superb (and yea I had him play Charriots). Came home exhausted since I was at work at 6:30 that morning. It was a long day, lots of fresh air, and too much to eat.

So much for my excursions. Have to work this week Fri and Sat so nothing special planned. Mayby a trip up to Overton on Sunday. We'll see.

TTY later. XoXoXo

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

I totally agree with you... the truck series so very boring. That was one of the first races I had ever been to (other than seeing it on TV) and I was so glad when the car races were so much more exciting! It's funny too, because just being around all the people makes it that much fun.

I'm glad you got to see the new track!!!! I bet it's really neat!! Is there a big difference? They added a angle to the track right?

All your adventures sound so fun! How neat. T-Bones is a really neat restaurant!!! I laughed so hard when you said you enjoyed the pianist. I really enjoyed that too... ;0)

Thanks for the update!!