Sunday, September 10, 2006

Memorable moments in Promotions. Last Sunday we were giving away "Lucky" dogs. They are cute, cuddly, fluffy little stuffed critters. Traffic was light so I was having fun introducing the dogs to their new owners as I gave them away. This resulted in a lot of smiling guests. The most memorable one was a very serious lady. I introduced the dog to her and before I handed it to her I rubbed it's nose on my cheek. The lady looked at me oddly then asked why I did that. I smiled and told her I was saying goodbye to the dog. Still looking dumbfounded she took the dog and started to walk away. Then she stopped, turned back towards me, and took the dogs paw to wave goodbye to me. I don't know about her but it made my day.

Second memorable moment was when I signed a young man up for the football contest. When I handed him his resistration card I explained the purchase included free play on our slot machines. He very seriously told me he was a slot tech at Green Valley and couldn't play slots. I told him my son had also been a tech so I knew the rule. He asked my sons name and all I got out was Stev when he was off and running. "I miss him so much, he was my boss when he left SantaFe, he took us to the monster truck show, he was such a good boss, I got him the Kasey Kane stuff, I hate Kasey Kane but he's Steve's favorite so I got it for him, He was such a good boss, I was in trouble and he got me out of it, he took care of me and got me straightened out, I've got his phone number (he proceded to show me his cell phone with the # on it), anytime I have a problem I can call Steve. I miss him so much." If you detect a bit of mothers pride here - you're right. I thought I really missed my kids but Jeff has to be a close second.

Talked to the younguns today. Blogging is fun but now and then I need to hear their voices. Take care all.

LOL XoXoXo

2 comments:

Steve and Sara said...

Aww, how cute!! Jeff Strough is a crazy guy ;0) LOL (j/k). He's really super sweet.

It was really good talking with you today!!!!

Steve and Sara said...

All I can say is that was hard to read :(

I love and miss you!