Saturday, March 14, 2009

Orange Finch

Red Wing Blackbirds
Mockingbird
Starling
Doves
Jackrabbit

Feathered and furry friends. We have 2 birdfeeders up and we, they, go through about 50 pounds of birdseed a week and 2 suet bars daily. I can almost tell time by when the birds show up. The redwing blackbirds are beautiful when they spread their wings but my reflexes aren't fast enough to get a shot of that. The Finches are very colorful and very serene birds. They come when most others are gone. I love looking out my window and see them perched on the fence. The doves are too big to sit on the feeders so they get whatever the wind blows down to the ground. The Starlings feathers sparkle with irridescent colors when sitting in the sun. We have only seen a few Mockingbirds although we hear they are quite plentiful here in Texas. There are also cowbirds and blackbirds but I don't bother taking their pictures. Until hunting season opened we had numerous jackrabbits running around. Now we only see them once in awhile. We had a resident skunk for a few months but he's gone now. There are a few stray cats and cat fights do occur.

I've tried to label each picture with the correct breed, but I won't guarantee they will be published the way I labeled them. Wish us luck!

No comments: