Thursday, March 05, 2009






Almost complete apt complex. It appears that our time remaining here is almost over so I want to post the end results of the dusty lot we came to in June 08. There were some overlooked archetectural items that have been corrected after the fact. There are only 16 3 bedroom apartments. 4 of them had front doors that exited onto a sidewalk and then a nice drop into a retention area. I told the site manager that I would be afraid my kids would run out the door and go right down the incline. There is now a fence around the retention areas. The picture posted is before fence. Another funny item was when you walked through the passage into the common area you walked into bushes. The landscaping has now been removed and sidewalks put in. There is a group of buildings on the east side of the property and they ring the clubhouse and pool area. The group on the west side had nothing in the common area. They are now putting in a BBQ pit, gazebo, and picnic area. There is no playground for children, no shower by the pool, or even easy access from the pool into the clubhouse to use the bathroom. I find these things odd. Another oversight we find comical. Each building has 1 handicap accessable apartment on the 1st floor. The patio railings for these had to be redone with a gate to escape the apt if necessary. This is good, but if I was in a wheelchair I could get off my patio and drop down into a tree or bush. If I landed upright I still would have difficulty getting away from the building. It has been interesting seeing a dit lot transformed and understanding what goes into completion of a building. Don't know that we'll ever do this again.

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

Can we come over and go swimming? That looks so beautiful! Do you know how wonderful that looks compared to all the brown and mud we see right now. Ha, ha. Really nice!