Monday, September 01, 2008


TX Wildlife Safari, San Antonio was our last sightseeing before reporting to work. Entering these pictures brings me back to the reality of life. Therefore I have procrastinated! Truth be told these were taken on June 12th. It was a fun place to be. Most of the animals that roam around are range animals. We thought it was interesting how the animals were incouraged to "visit" with the guests.
We were 2nd in line when the gates opened. You pay admission and you can buy bags of feed pellets for a buck, I mean a dollar. They are to feed the bucks! You can drive around all day if you like. There is also a petting zoo and cafe.

Anyhow, just before opening they place flakes of hay along the roadside..this is sure to bring the animals out. A little later they dropped corn kernels along the road..more inticement to come out. Add people with bags of tasty pellets and you can see why the animals are so friendly. It's amazing that they all don't look like hippos!

The animals in cages are either dangerous or in the case of the Giraffes, are being bred for other locations. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures that follow this post. All are from TX Safari. This is where your shirt and book came from Lee!

I seem unable to get multiple photos on each line no matter how I try to position them so---I decided to publish groups of pictures 1st, then my comments last so that this post will be 1st. Got that!

I was wrong again! Apparently because I created this 1st and published last, it showed up here instead of before the pictures...blankety, Blankety, BLANK!!!

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

Wow, the pictures are great!! I love the giraffes. How neat to drive thru and see all those different types of animals. That is so cool! Thanks for all the updates and pictures, we have really loved reading all about them!