Monday, January 08, 2007

Where in the world have the past 2 months gone?

November is a blur-r-r. December was super busy between work and my relationship with Jim.

Noteworthy news...Jim moved in with us the week before Christmas, he cooked Christmas dinner for 18 people, Amy and Matt were able to spend an afternoon of their trip here with us, (luckily I had the right day off that week), got sick on New Years day and am still recovering. This past weekend we took off on Friday night and toured the Mohave desert area. We were in NV, CA, and AZ. Beautiful landscapes. I was dismayed to see grafitti in places so out of the way that I was surprised we found them. I had my 1st experience with 4 wheeling! It was awsome but I did have to take Naproxin when we got back.

Biggest news...we bought a 19ft travel trailer this Sunday. Kitchen with 3 burner stove, sink, oven, microwave, TV set up for cable or satelite or antenna reception, radio with surround sound, heat, air, all with 1 remote control. So if we're in bed we can change the temp, turn on the coffee pot, etc by pushing a button. Am I going high tech or what? It has 1 sleeping area, a bathroom with toilet and shower. We plan on sleeping in the u shaped dining area that makes into a bed. I would feel claustrophobic in the bedroom! Look out world here we come! For now just short trips until we get the thing paid for and Jim can actually retire. We will drive and bring it with us when we come to IL this summer. Of course we have to stop in TX along the way. We pick it up Thursday and will be taking a class on how to do what with what. Jim doesn't need it but I want to take it so at least I'll have an idea of what to do. Or what he's doing and talking about! If you want to check it out on line it's a 2006 Zeppelin, ZP191 model. I'm really excited.

Can't wait to see everyone this year!

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

Congratulations...What does Jim drive to pull the trailer? Next time we talk I will give you the password for your account on Coast-to-Coast. Once you figure out how to use the new point system you can tell us! You are finally going to be able to live out your dream of a traveling retirement.